Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

*for when you have Something To Say*.....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alfiosgirl

Number of posts : 167
Location : In the heart & mind of the man whos my inspiration - ALFIO
Registration date : 2006-05-01

PostSubject: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Tue May 02, 2006 2:24 pm

If anyone has anything to say,that isn't worthy of
it's own thread then please say it here.....

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/alfiosgirl
alfiosgirl

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Fri May 12, 2006 11:08 am

So in 10 days,no one has said anything to say lol!

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Fri May 12, 2006 12:45 pm

heh.. sorry.. in the process of contacting all the artists and their management. you would not believe how many artists we brainstormed in a space of half an hour... then we moved on to musical theatre artists that we liked... all i can say is, when this site is finished its going to be HUGE and there had better be a lot of people on it... grrrr Twisted Evil rabbit

Belle

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-05-08

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Mon May 15, 2006 11:04 am

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here because my computer has been.....well lets just say that technology hasnt been on my side.

Im Adelle! A 16 year old girl from Newcastle Very Happy I am just noticing the smilies!!!! OMG!!! THERE AWSOME!!! What a Face albino cherry santa drunken bounce Arrow cyclops HAHAHAHA!!!

Well...I LOVE URS!! ummm.....Yeah....hehehe....

Love yous!
Dell xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Mon May 15, 2006 3:02 pm

heh. i knew that photo would show up sometime soon Wink
looks awesome of course!

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-05-08

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Sat May 20, 2006 4:27 pm

HAHAHAHAHA BELLE!!! I am a Uber-Babe and proud of it. Damn Proud lol!!! Mmmm, Swiss *thud* Damn it! lol......URS!

Love Dell xoxoxoxoxo lol! jocolor cherry albino queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
potential_genius

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-05-10

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Wed May 31, 2006 2:23 pm

hehee ladies!! I am an Uber/Siren!!! I am potential_genius on the Il Divo site too, check out my pretty siggi! The best two nights of my life were seeing them in concert, and then meeting them in person the day after, when they were leaving Australia to go to the UK. ahhhh I miss them, can't wait for the next lot of concerts, especially next year when they should be heading back our way!

Love Andrea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:18 am

I am one of Seb's siren's on Il Divo's board, who also has Diva tendencies.

Someone mentioned musical theatre before, I love it, but the last thing I went to was Saturday Night Fever. The guy I saw in it was very good, but as I am also an Adam Garcia fan, I was hoping he would be returning to Aus for it, but to no avail. I was firstly introduced to Adam, when he played Slide in Hot Shoe Shuffle.

I know that Adam has scored the leading role in the UK production of "Wicked", coming I think in September, if anyone is going to see it, I would dearly love to know, if there will be a cast recording, because I love Adam's singing voice also. He is a very talented young man, that one. Coyote Ugly is on this week, but at the same time as Opening Ceremony, I have that on tape anyway to watch at my leisure.

Cabaret, saw that three times, whilst it was here in Melbourne, I know I am such a Human Nature fan- esp Toby, I couldn't help myself, going three times, think it was only here in Melbourne, for about three months, but he was wonderful in that. I saw Human Nature not only in concert, quite a number of times ( they are an Aussie four piece vocal group,for anyone who doesn't know them, having huge success at the moment, with their Reach Out, Motown Cd), but also in Happy Days, The Mega Arena Musical.

The musicals which stand out to me though, from the many I have seen to date, are POTO. I saw it with Anthony Warlow as the Phantom and Marina Prior as Christine. Just wonderful. She is currently a judge on "It Takes Two", which began recently on Aussie tv- celebs partnered with Australian singers. I am loving David Hobson (opera singer) and Erika Heynatz (she is an Aussie model, tv presenter), she has a really good voice and I was kind of in tears after their performance on Sunday evening, they performed "Up Where We Belong" from An Officer and A Gentleman.

I also adored "Beauty and The Beast" which introduced me to the wonderful Hugh Jackman. Oh how I wish I had the cash to go and see him in "The Boy From Oz" here in Australia, I have the soundtrack of the album with him on it. I seriously love that man's voice, I know he loves acting in movies,but I would personally rather he take to the stage more and let us all hear more of his wonderful singing voice. I adore it. Yes I was glued to the tv a couple of weeks back when Kate and Leopold was on, I love that movie with a passion. One thing on my wish list is to purchase "Oklahoma", I had it on tape, it was on the ABC a year or so ago, but I accidentally erased it.

I did see the Boy From Oz a few years back, with Todd Mc Kenney in it (the judge from DWTS) that was good with him in it, but to see Hugh in it would be the best.

What else have I seen that is memorable to me, Singin In The Rain was wonderful, oh yes I know what else I enjoyed immensely, the arena musical production of "Jesus Christ Superstar", I adore John Farnham's version of "Gethsamane". "Grease" has always been a fave of mine. "Shout- the Johnny O'Keefe story was great, but I am not a huge fan of David Campbell's.

Now I also told you that Kane has been in a number of musicals, but I unfortunately never got to any of them, probably some of them were before I had even heard of him, which was about three years or more ago now. I know about his tv credits too, but had not actually seen him in anything, until Blue Heelers a couple of weeks back. I posted about that in his thread, I am still waiting to hear from anyone who did watch the whole episode from his yahoo group, someone posted he had been on and it sounded as though, they had seen the whole episode, I would love them to reply to me.

I have never had the opportunity yet to go to an opera, I would like to, but I have been years ago to an opera recital, is that what is called an oratario ( is that the right word), just a couple of opera singers on stage at the one time. Nor have I been to a ballet, but I have been to the Australian Pops Orchestra a couple of times, very enjoyable that was, but it was way back when I was at high school.

The French guy I had made friends with on a Contiki tour I did, quite some years back, well when we were in Stockholm- it was a Scandinavian tour I went on, well he was going to the Opera whilst he was there, we had free time that evening, but most of us went down to the river to watch the fireworks- which were gorgeous. I cannot remember now for the life of me, which opera he went to, but at the time, he got no takers, if he asked me now, I would certainly jump at the chance.

Oh and this comes very highly recommended also, The Main Event Concert- featuring John Farnham, Anthony Warlow and Olivia Newton- John. It is available on DVD and also Cd, I just have the Cd.

Also highly recommended on both DVD and Cd, is the concert with John Farnham and Tom Jones. I remember pm'ing Carlos sometime back, telling him, he should purchase this recording, since he is a Tom Jones fan.

I keep most of the programmes from shows I have seen, I should hunt them out. Definitely kept in a safe position are my Il Divo program and my Patrizio program, my Ricky Martin program is in very safe keeping also.

Yvonne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:21 am

Hmm I have heaps of tips then esp Hugh Jackman, Adam Garcia

You know who else I would dearly love to know more about, since I am such a huge Inspector Rex fan ( Tobias Moretti), who played Richard Moser in the series, the series now features Gedeon Burkhard, who I also enjoy watching. Moser is probably my fave though, but I would also love to know more about Gedeon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lynn
Admin

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:53 pm

Wow - great to hear that you like musicals and such a wide variety too. Smile

At the moment, I cannot get enough of the French musicals - NDP, LPP, LRS and of course Dracula (Notre-Dame de Paris, Le Petit Prince and Le Roi Soleil). Absolutely fantastic and finding out about them has introduced so many talented artists i.e. Laurent Ban, Bruno Pelletier, Garou, Helena Segara and the list just keeps on going. bounce Very Happy bounce I sincerely hope that these amazing musicals make it here for an appearance - even if it is a brief one because my sister and I would love to see them and would attend as many performances as possible Like a Star @ heaven

Opera is quite an experience - and when you go with friends who enjoy it as well, it's quite fun doing the dressing up and going out for the night. The first one my friend and I went to see was Madama Butterfly at the Opera House - definitely a classic worth seeing. I quite like Lucrezia Borgia and Carmina Burana as well - have to love the classic melodies.

...music is an escape - let your imagination take flight...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net
specialjenny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:11 pm

Totally agree. Love musicial and operas. Especially that you get to dress up. My first opera was Rigoletto, it made me cry. (just like every other things)

Love,
Jenny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:01 pm

As much as I love concerts, I think I really do prefer musicals and opera - they take away to another world for however long and even if you are surrounded by your friends.. you're also alone... can anyone here tell I'm a hermit?

Right now i'm getting quite a kick out of le nozze di figaro (mozart) and handel's jephtha. people think of these composers as being somehow superior to the rest of humanity.. they were.. duh! gut they also shared a wicked sense of humour!!

bounce

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:28 am

The more I think about it now, I think Dan's family were right in asking how much camera time would be spent on him whilst he is performing the anthem on Sunday evening before the Rugby. Apparently 20 secs on him, a fair bit on the players and then some more on him, that is pretty good to me.

I was thinking about that last night, specially after the disappointment of not seeing the Divo's performing on the SBS coverage. I am so angry about that, like you wouldn't believe.

I really do not feel like tuning into them anymore and well maybe I shall get over my anger, once Inspector Rex returns in six weeks time - enough to watch programs on that station again.

However Inspector Rex was the one program each week I could enjoy without commercials interrupting the viewing, now it seems like from next year, all programs on this channel will be commercial ridden also, is nothing sacred these days, it is just plain scary really.

I am not an anti advertisement person, but it is just nice to know that there is one program that you enjoy each week that you can watch in peace without commercials interrupting it.

I actually have a couple of fave advertisements right now- I love the Optus ad with all the animals- guess what everyone, the zebras are the four members of Human Nature. Kate Ceberano is also involved, I like the voice of the bear, but cannot work out who it is, but I know that they are all Aussie performers, I read all about it somewhere, but the only ones I do remember are HN and Kate- think she may be the deer.

And the Foxtel ad, just because Hugh Jackman is on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:58 am

Completely understand the frustration with SBS Evil or Very Mad - was greatly diappointed to have stressed over taping it and getting decent reception only to find that they were not on at all.

Had to resort to youtube.com to see it - thank goodness they played it in Japan and someone was kind enough to load it less than 24 hours later....

Back to top Go down
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:11 am

Noli, in case you are here anywhere, I just wanted to say I posted about Josh Groban into Daniel Belle's site, simply because there are a number of Josh fans in there, including me, so hopefully I will get replies from them to forward on to yourself.

One of the girls actually got to see Josh live in Oklahoma City, when she went overseas , a year or so back, she is a massive Grobanite. Lucky girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfiosgirl

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:53 am

Does anyone have anything to say lol!

I just wanna say.....whoever found all of these
smileys on here.....they're fabulous cheerleader

These are my two favourites..... innocent - harp + dancing bear

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:48 am

All smiley's are a result of Lynn's hard work. you have no idea how often she messages me with 'omg i just found the best smileys... we have to put these up".... i think we'll be one of the only forums with such a strange variety of smileys. now who says that email and internet communication is boring??

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:55 am

Well the smiley's re fantastic!!!!!

Thanks LYNN for finding them all.....

Right now,it's almost 4am Shocked bedtime for
lil' Alfio's Girl me thinks diva

Night night Australia innocent - harp

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:58 am

You're welcome Jacqueline - I had a lot of fun searching for them and I'm glad you're enjoying them. cheerleader With some of them, it was a case of 'have to have it!'

Back to top Go down
Rania

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: hello   Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:06 am

Just a note to say i am sad Crying or Very sad Sad I didnt get the chance to see my friends yesterday !!!!
Flowers and more flowers flower flower
I hope you had a magnificent day catching up!!!!!
Did you all behave?????? tongue wave
Next time the florist if of duty!!!!So I can be there!!! bounce
I hope you had a safe trip back home Delle and Debbie
and hope you are feeling a lot better
xxxxxx
Rania
egg heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfiosgirl

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:18 am

Where does all the time go.....I've just finished
catching up on some letters that needed to be
answered....erm 11 of them Shocked and I see it's
past 4am over on my side of the world.....

Well it's bedtime for me.....but I just thought that
I would say HELLO to you all Very Happy

Right for me now it's Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

See you all later on.....

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:44 pm

Firstly Rania - ofcourse we behaved innocentangel apart from Belle and Adelle fighting in the backseat of the car....playing footsies under the table at Max Brenner's (the result of too much chocolate)...and the three of us scaring the little kids after Disney on Ice (we only went up to them to compliment them on dressing up as their favourie princesses....)....Debbie resorting to using her crutches to instill some sort of discipline.... bullwhip We missed you though - I can only imagine how much more fun we would have had with you there.... muahaha

And Jacqueline, glad you are getting some sleep - you must be exhausted after that many letters hiwave HELLO to you too Smile

Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:53 am

smoke

laughhard

innocentangel

FANTASTIC EMOTIONS serenade

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Right back to Alfio's book.....

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:32 pm

woot I'm glad you enjoy them Jacqueline - heheh was waiting to see when you'd find the new ones. Belle was helping me pick them out so some of the more unusual ones are courtesy of her i.e. the explosive smiley and the medusa..... medusa ..... and the really weird bouncing baby head. She said it looks like Baby from the old sitcom 'Dinosaurs' i.e. 'I'm the baby, gotta love me....' bouncybaby

Back to top Go down
alfiosgirl

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:39 pm

I am gob-smacked right now.....I've made enough
on Ebay in the past 24 hours,to be just under 50/
$121 short of the lowest Quantas fare to Sydney Shocked

I can't believe it.....it looks as though my dream of
coming back to Sydney is going to happen Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *for when you have Something To Say*.....   

Back to top Go down

*for when you have Something To Say*.....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amore Divine Sempre :: Off Topic-
Jump to: