Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Meeting The Ten Tenors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Belle
Admin

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Meeting The Ten Tenors   Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:27 pm

Met one of them or all of them, it doesn't matter, we'd love to hear what you thought of them and their performance.

Please post up your experiences here Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Ten Tenors   Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:25 pm

Ahh,,,, on Sunday a few of us will be going to see The Ten Tenors... now, I love them to pieces, there's just one itsy bitsy problem. there are 10 of these talented guys and my brain just can't get around putting names to faces... sigh. such a tragedy !!!

Admin

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Ten Tenors   Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:16 am

Twelve hours after their concert and I can still hear the Ten Tenors singing 'The Boxer' - seriously wow not worthy Absolutely amazing live performance and the way the Tenors interact with the audience and each other made it so much more diva It was great to see how much they enjoy the music and what they do.

They sang opened with 'Here's to the Heroes' and finished with 'Nessun Dorma' with old and new songs in between including my favourites - 'Les Choristes' and 'Tick all the Days off One by One'. I don't think I'll ever listen to those tracks without remembering the concert.

The best part was afterwards, the guys stayed to do a meet and greet and sign programmes etc. Naturally, at this stage, Belle, Adelle, Debbie and I were in line and gave our traditional gift of chocolatey goodness.... Absolutely cannot wait to see them again bounce Can't wait to see Delle's photos....

...music is an escape - let your imagination take flight...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Ten Tenors   Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:11 am

.. exactly what she said!

I was expecting good but hyper they were fantastic. i would have updated a little earlier but i was a little preoccupied in emailing each of the tenors telling them how great their performance was.

maybe it was the dinner (more likely dessert - chocolate is a Godsend, i don't care what anyone else says) or maybe it was the company but i had a fantastic time. I really wished they had done some of their older songs - Angel, Thunderpoint and Cast in Stone but their new songs are just as spectacular. Les Choristes was exceptional! I really do hope that a scorebook comes out and soon.

Unlike other classical / cross over arrangements its obvious that a lot of time is spent on harmonies and timing and yet they don't come across as being over rehearsed or false. In fact, quite the opposite, each Tenor seems to be genuinely having a great time not just with the audience but with each other, strict performance rules are left in favor of a more relaxed attitude that they carry off very well.

For those of you who are familiar with Il Divo's Carlos Marin's spectacularly powerful vocals might be interested to know that he may have some competition in the form of David Kidd.... and even better, David can growl (check out their rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody) not worthy

Hopefully soon we'll have some photos up here, till then i'm going to keep watching the DVDs.. .
oh yes, one last thing. that earlier problem of putting names to faces... no longer a problem giggle

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Ten Tenors   Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:04 pm

OTAYS! HERE I AM! DONT WORRY! LOL

OK, all I have to say is jawdrop hyper not worthy cheers

OH MY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN THOSE BOYS PRODUCE A SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!! BLEW ME RIGHT OUT MY SEAT.

Ok, you all know what happened thanks to Belle and Lyn! THANKS DARLINGS! But I dont think Belle told you how she and I had a 3 second count down thanks to Lyn to scream our lungs out during encore. HA!!!!!!!! That was the best scream ever!! cheerleader happy drunk rotfl giggle hyper laughhard

Tays, here are my pics
BELLE AND ME!!

LYN AND ME!!

DREW AND ME!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR DREW!!! woot applause cheerleader

CRAIG AND ME!!!! YAY!!!!! HE IS SO CUTE!!!! Has an AMAZING Falsetto!

Thats all.......I hope you like? Yes?? No??? Maybe?? Sorta??? Jealous??? LOL!!! OMG I didnt mean that last one. It just rolled with it.

Much Love!! dancing bear rotfl

LOVE DELLDELL!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
specialjenny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Ten Tenors   Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:24 am

Those pictures are beautiful Dell!! I love them!! Glad you girls had fun and got to meet the boys!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Ten Tenors   

Back to top Go down

Meeting The Ten Tenors
Page 1 of 1