Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Rumours....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:49 am

here is something I found about the Strathfield symphony orchestra concerts which Daniel will be performing on.

One is for seniors, the other is for families, I think.

Anyway the details are in this thread

http://www.strathfieldsymphony.org.au/doc_2007schedule.pdf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:40 am

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102931862

have a listen to Daniel's song on there titled "Nearly There". Well done Dan, lovely song. He is such a sweetie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:59 am

Have a listen to Daniel Belle- young Australian singer

Classical X Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic
Yvonne

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:46 am Post subject: Have a listen to Daniel Belle- young Australian singer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=102931862

he is a young Aussie guy, almost 24 years old, has an amazing voice, was one of the 12 finalists from Australian Idol series 2. Such a sweet guy too, I have met him a few times now. I am going to tell him I love this song, getting addicted to it, I will be honest here.

Yvonne

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually in the last few weeks, he has been quite busy, performing the Aussie National anthem before one of the A- League soccer finals here in Australia- Sydney to be precise recently, also one of the cricket finals, Australia vs England at the SCG, he performed the English national anthem.

Last year, I think it was at Aussie Stadium in Sydney, he also performed the Aussie national anthem, thankgoodness that one was shown on tv, you know it was just so nice, seeing someone you are familiar with on tv, performing- the others weren't- the soccer one may have been shown on pay-tv, but I had found out too late anyway that he was going to be there.

Shame he lives in Sydney, I am here in Melbourne, he has some gigs coming up, singing solo with the Strathfield Symphony Orchestra in Sydney, his dates are on the Myspace page. I would so be going up to Sydney if I could do so, but unfortunately I cannot. They are on the 18 and 25 March. He is still studying music by the way at the Australian Institute of Music in Sydney, not too sure how much longer his course is.

I absolutely think he has an outstanding voice, especially when you see him performing live. I did love his voice on Aussie Idol, but I was blown away, when I have seen him live. Not only that but he is such a sweet young man too, I have met his dad also, he is a lovely person and lots of fun to talk to.

Maybe one day he will get the opportunity to do more gigs down here in Melbourne.

Oh one of his forum members did go to the cricket when he was performing and she said he did a gorgeous job of the anthem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:36 am

Daniel's website will be up and running in the not too distant future according to his dad, so I shall let you know the address when it happens.

Yvonne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:38 am

I noticed that David Habbin is also on Daniel's myspace page when I was listening to the new song Dan has put on there the other day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Vittorio Grigolo and other tidbits of info   Thu May 17, 2007 6:25 am

Lynn just sent me this link from the Sydney Morning Herald http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/05/15/1178995158800.html

I can honestly say that I never knew that he was originally in Il Divo... affraid

Speaking of touring artists in Sydney, some of you already know that Josh Groban was recently out here and will be returining to Sydney on September 30th. Tickets go on sale (apparently) in early June....

Hayley Westenra has released her new CD "Celtic Treasures" and she has also filmed a DVD with the popular Celtic Woman group. Lynn bought this DVD only to discover that little nugget of info and so we are looking forward to watching that soon...

Charlotte Church is pregnant. One of the orginial young performers to take classical music to popular new heights has announced on her website that she is expecting her first baby later this year

well... that's it for now!
hope to see you all soon

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Tue May 22, 2007 8:28 am

Hopefully I shall be going to see Josh. Perhaps with one of my buddies from Daniel's site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:49 am

I put this into the idol chatter thread, but I just thought I would put it here also.

I have no idea what the musical is, as his dad didn't say on his forum, told us all, he would tell us what it was closer to the time of it beginning. Come on Mr Belle, it is not nice to tease us.

Anyway it appears that Daniel auditioned for whatever this musical is and has landed a part as one of the main characters. That is totally awesome news and I am so looking forward to hearing so much more about it.

I reckon though, it will only play in Sydney, and won't go to any of the other states. Hopefully it will, my fingers are crossed.

So I am not really sure about what I am congratulating Dan for, but it is awesome news anyway. I shall send him a message.

Recently he has been playing in "Tommy" at the AIM in Sydney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:53 am

http://www.riversideparramatta.com.au/performance.asp?pID=541

it seems that Daniel Belle has been cast in this. I see also that Irene from Home and Away (of which I am a big fan) is also in the cast- Lynne McGranger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

Number of posts : 199

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:21 am

Hi Yvonne,
Sorry we seem to have been a bit lax lately - you are a real trooper though!
Thanks for all the updates and the link to Parramatta Riverside Very Happy

cheers
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:26 am

Daniel's site is not up anymore, but he has a myspace page, so I am going to be going into it and giving him my best wishes for being in "Honey". I wish I could be going up to see it, but I can't, sadly. Hehe I put up a huge long post recently on there, telling him how awesome Josh Groban's concert was in Melbourne.

This might sound really awful, but I had thoughts of going to see "Shout" again when it returns to Melbourne, but once I found out Mark Holden was going to be in it, I quashed that idea out of my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:16 am

here is a link to the "Honey" myspace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=213492905

you will find a picture of Dan on there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:20 am

I want to find out how I can get a programme from the show, now that his site is not up, I may have to ask via the myspace page. Maybe I will be really cheeky and ask Dan himself for a copy-autographed of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:35 am

hehe I did ask him just now- but I left out the autographed bit, but I reckon since he is such a sweetie, he would do it anyway, I hope so.

We will see what happens eh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 am

the music sounds pretty good on the Honey myspace page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:39 am

Michael Buble is coming to Australia again next June. I got an email giving all of his dates from

www.dcegroup.com.

I also saw the article in todays Herald sun here in Melbourne, tix go on sale on Dec 6 from Ticketek and they will cost between $65 and $99 according to the article. I imagine the full advertisement which I received in my email today will be in the newspapers this coming weekend, so keep your eyes peeled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:43 am

Has anyone here got David Campbell's Cd's- Swing Sessions 1 and now Swing Sessions 2? I have and they are both awesome cd's, well done David, he is getting to work with one of the best in the business too, I am a huge fan and admirer of Chong Lim's, his band are the ones on Dancing With The Stars and he has been the band master for all of the John Farnham concerts I have ever seen. He is the producer of these cd's and he and the band are on David's cd's, not to mention the other awesome brass section that feature on Dave's Cd's.

Go check out this great music on www.davidcampbell.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:19 am

DC is going on tour in March- March 26 here in Melbourne at Hamer Hall. Meant to be a two hour show full of Dave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:02 am

Carl Riseley from Australian Idol series 5 has recently signed with Ralph Carr who also manages the careers of Vanessa Amorosi and Kate Ceberano and there are rumours that a recording contract is not too far away.

I received a Sanity gift card for Xmas so I shall leave it aside so I can purchase Carl's cd if indeed this rumour turns out to be a fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lynn
Admin

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:51 am

Sounds like a good idea Yvonne - save the voucher to get something you really want. Has it come out yet?

...music is an escape - let your imagination take flight...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:49 am

I have put all the latest goss about Carl into the Idol chatter section, Lynn. The album is due out in April, he has signed with Universal Records and his manager is Ralph Carr, who also manages Kate Ceberano and Vanessa Amorosi and was once married to Tina Arena. He has gigs coming up in Brisbane and also Surfers Paradise (that is a Valentines Day show).

Special guest artist on his debut album is James Morrison the trumpeter and yeah for once I cannot wait for April to come, usually I hate April as it is my birthday month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:19 am

http://www.robmills.net.au/index.php

this is Rob and he was actually one of my favorites on the first season of Australian Idol- he came fifth in the inaugural season. I have actually met him a couple of times and he is really a great guy to talk to, and so damn funny, I love his laugh. Currently he is one of the hosts on the late night program on Channel 9 Australia- a game show called "The Mint".

Rob has scored the role of Fiyero in the upcoming Australian season of "Wicked".

To tell the truth being an Adam Garcia fan, I am sad that he couldn't do the role of Fiyero like he did overseas, but I think that Millsy (as he is commonly known to Idol fans like me) will do a great job and I hope I can go and see it.

He used to be in a pub band and my brother actually knew one of his band members- I got to see his former band- post Rob and they were very good- The Mega Men.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:44 am

Carl's album is truly fantastic and he has announced more shows around the country.

www.carlriseley.com.au
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   

Back to top Go down

Rumours....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3