Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Rumours....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:25 am

I found an advertisement on his new album in a music mag from JB Hi Fi here in Melbourne- thought he looked cute, so I decided to look him up.

Says in the ad

Matt Dusk
Back in Town

Discover the velvet voiced Canadian crooner singing favourite standards from the American Songbook.

released 12 August
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:28 am

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-6313035---Matt%A0Dusk

you can hear his music on here and see his video, I am getting seriously addicted to the song on the video.

The album is due in stores on 12 August- just a couple of days away now. I think I want this album badly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:39 am

It turns out Daniel is not going to be performing the national anthem now, simply because the organisers cannot find anyone to sing the national anthem of Kuwait, so they are just going to do the recorded thing.

I was so, so so looking forward to seeing him performing again, oh well, what can you do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:37 pm

It's getting busy in Sydney! To coincide with the release of their new album and new lineup, the Ten Tenors have decided to tour around Australia with a single stop in Sydney in February next year

for more information, check out their website, or better yet, get yourself a copy of their new CD and the chance to win tickets to their performances...

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:21 pm

I missed them last time they were here.. that's awesome that they'll be back next yr. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:16 pm

Their members have changed and so has their harmony. My favorite song so far is from the movie Les Choristes - beautifully done, orignally by a group of choirboys.

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:24 pm

Really wanted to go, and what a bargin price for full time students, I'm like wow!! But it's next Feb, and it's hard to plan so much ahead. So I think I'll have to skip it...... as I probably have better things to do by then. Sorry to the 10 boys!

Have a good time to those who are going!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lynn
Admin

Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:43 pm

cheers So excited - managed to get tickets for Belle and I - second row from the stage at the Opera House. Roll on 4th February 2007.... woot

...music is an escape - let your imagination take flight...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:11 am

For all you Ten Tenor fans ( I am not really one), there is a feature on them in this months Sain mag, which can be gotten at any Sanity store ( it is free). I didn't pick it up to keep, I just flicked through the mag this time round, so I do not have the article to post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:15 am

I have something else to report.

Daniel put a message on his site the other day, telling us where he is at. He is still at uni, and is writing some songs ( he has an album in the pipeline, doesn't know what it's nature will be as yet). I am sure it will be wonderful,no matter what. So he will have some demos soon. He was thanking everyone also about their comments on his performance of the National anthem at the rugby. He said it was a huge buzz and he would love to do it again sometime.

he is constructing a myspace page also.

www.myspace.com/danielbelle- the song on there is sung by Chanel by the way.

and also a website in the near future.

So I am looking forward to what will happen for him in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:27 am

Has anyone had the opportunity to give Canadian Crooner- Matt Dusk a listen. I have his album, I highly recommend it too. Love the songs "Where Were You When", "All About Me"- the whole album is great.

www.mattdusk.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:51 am

I can honestly say that I haven't heard of Matt Dusk, but i certainly will be checking him out
thanks Yvonne flower

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:04 am

Ok ladies, in the very near future, there is probably going to be some music from Daniel- from Aus Idol series two- up on his site. His dad is giving us these teasers at the moment, so we are very eager to get another update from Chris- his dad.

I shall keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:09 am

more updates- Dan has been invited to sing with Strathfield Symphony Orchestra and one of the songs to sing is Nessun Dorma and there is something else towards the end of this year also, that he is gonna tell us about soon. Wish I lived in Sydney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:48 am

Best of luck to Dan - am sure he will do wonderfully!

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:28 am

Well I cannot wait to hear more about it all from Dan. It all sounds very exciting for him anyway.

Speaking of Nessun Dorma, did you hear Damien Leith from Aussie Idols' version last night?. That was absolutely breathtaking. I so want Damien to be this years Idol. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
specialjenny

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:21 pm

I didn't enjoy the performance.. I get scare when non classically trained singers attempt opera arias... But nice try for him though.

And yes, I hope he wins! I have been voting for him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:13 am

Now i couldn't watch any of the A-League finals, I have no pay tv, but Daniel's dad told us, he performed the National anthem over the weekend and it was very successful. I would have loved to have heard him, I heard about it too late anyway.

I also heard that Daniel will have a new site up fairly soon, which will be great for him. So much better for his future career.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks Yvonne! it'd be great to know when the site is up and going!

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:13 am

I can certainly let you know, no problems.

In the meantime his dad posted a message that Daniel will be performing with the Strathfield Symphony Orchestra on both the 18 March and 25 March 07 at the Strathfield Town Hall

cnr Redmyre road and Homebush Road, Strathfield. He will be performing solo and he will be performing Ave Maria, Nella Fantasia and Nessun Dorma.

I wish I lived in Sydney, so I could go.

And I didn't know this beforehand, not that I could have watched of course, no pay tv, but he performed the National anthem before the A-League matches on Australia Day at Aussie Stadium. And apparently he got a real positive response, which was really great to have heard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:09 am

Daniel is also supposed to be performing the National anthem, before the Australian/New Zealand cricket final on Sunday. Not sure what time the cricket begins on Sunday. I am not such a huge cricket fan, I know so much more about what is going on in the tennis world, I do watch it sometimes though and on Sunday, when I find out exactly what time it is on, I will definitely make the effort- especially as Brad Hodge is in the team ( I used to work with someone who knew him very well), I saw him play the other night, he did really well making 99 not out, shame he couldn't make 100.

It will be on Channel 9, anyway.
It may be a day/nighter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:11 am

According to his dad, his website is coming along just fine too, so I am looking forward to it being up and running in the not too distant future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 am

I posted about it being New Zealand in the cricket finals, only because it is what his dad had written on the site, and I didn't know any better, because I don't actually follow cricket all that closely.I only knew it would be the Aussies in and I didn't know which of the touring teams were to be our opponents. So I jumped back on here once I found out it will be the Aussies v England in the best of three finals. I didn't wish to offend anyone and England seem to be playing much better in the one day matches, so good luck to them in the finals. Just wanted to clear that all up.

And I found out what time coverage begins on Channel 9 on Sunday- it is at 2pm. So I hope he gets shown performing. I imagine the two teams will come out to the SCG and line up whilst he is singing one of the anthems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

PostSubject: Hayley Westenra   Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:25 am

Just a quick update: Hayley Westenra, the New Zealand soprano has just released her 3rd album. Click here to find out more:

http://www.hayleywestenra.com/

Number of posts : 167
Location : In the heart & mind of the man whos my inspiration - ALFIO
Registration date : 2006-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....   Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:10 pm

Thanks for letting us know Belle Very Happy I will
definitly look out for Hayley's new cd Very Happy Cool

Jacqueline xxxxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/alfiosgirl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumours....