Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Belle
Admin

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Introduction   Thu May 11, 2006 2:54 pm

Sally Maer, otherwise known as Sarah Jessica was born in England and quickly discovered she loved music. Not just any music, she became enchanted with the cello and encouraged by her family at the age of 17, won a place at the London Academy of Music. During this time she would busk at the Covent Gardens and hone her performance skills, quickly drawing the attention of passersby by her remarkable playing.

In 1997, Sally decided to move to Perth in Western Australia and soon found that she was able to expand, to quote one Perth journalist wrote: “The range of Maer’s work is nothing short of remarkable.” Since then, Sally and her cello have seen the likes of West Australian Symphony Orchestra, the 10th Anniversary Cameron Mackintosh production of Les Miserables, Performance Festivals, Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra and Australian Idol.

Now based in Sydney, Sally was the opening support act for supergroup Amici Forever and has performed with Il Divo and the new Australian group Bravo. Interestingly, when I got my hands onto Alfio's CD I checked out the "Thank You" page there was Sally again! She was also spotted by one of our members performing at Patrizio Buanne's concert in Sydney.... Well done to Sally and let's hope to see her headlining her own show sometime very soon.

For more information please go to her website: http://www.cellodiva.com.au/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net

Introduction
Page 1 of 1