Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

News and Announcements

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Belle
Admin

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: News and Announcements   Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:35 am

I just went to Sally's site (yes, I realise I have fallen quite a bit behind as of late, *bad belle*
and I found this under "News":

A funny thing happened at the end of Human Nature's performance of "Danny Boy" on Sunrise.... Koshi decided to make the quick chat he'd had with Sally about her cello during the commercial break an unexpected feature at the end of the performance. You can see it here:
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/y7lifestyle/index.

»Bed of Roses debuted in the National ARIA charts at number 15

»The ABC have invited Sally to record Spiegel im Spiegel by Arvo Part, for the upcoming 'Classic 100 Chamber Music' album.

»Bed of Roses' was the 2MBS FM CD of the week 19th-23rd May 2008

»Sally was asked to write a piece for Arts Hub, the website for accessed by all Artists. Read her story here

»'Bed of Roses' was released on 1st March 2008. It is available at ABC shops, other CD stores, and on itunes. Purchases can also be made on this site!

»Sally wrote and recorded a cello part for a song which will appear on Wendy Matthews' new album in August 2008

»Cello Diva can be heard playing the slow movement of the Haydn Cello Concerto in C on the ABC album "Classic 100" released on Nov 1st 2007

»Cello Diva was invited to nominate a special piece that she associates with her mother for a special Mother's Day ABC Album called "Music and my Mum". Sally chose her recording of "Goodbye for Now" from the Bed of Roses album.

»Sally was part of the Electra String Quartet whose album featuring new Australian Music such as Peter Sculthorpe, Matthew Hindson, Ross Edwards, and Nigel Westlake will be released this year.

News and Announcements
Page 1 of 1