Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:49 am

Debut album release for Carl is on April 12, 2008. Titled "Your Imagination", it is a swing album.

Details are on this link.

http://www.accessallareas.net.au/data/EkpFFpElFVDKVpuKvv.php
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:50 am

We are not exactly sure if title is Your Imagination or Pure Imagination, it has Pure Imagination on it.

Song list looks great , well done Carl. Hope it sells by the truckloads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:27 am

update, the debut cd is to be called "The Rise" and it is out on April 26. Yay in time for my birthday.

You should be able to see his video clip for "This Guys In Love With You" on you tube now. Great song choice for Carl. No idea when the single is actually available in the shops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Admin

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:36 am

Hey Yvonne

Sorry for the extremely late reply - that's great news... there are so many new cd's coming out now that I just want to grab them all and hide off in a dark corner for a while just to absorb them all!

Thanks for the update - and isn't youtube an absolute Godsend?

PostSubject: Re: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   Sat May 03, 2008 6:11 am

I met Carl last weekend at Borders, Highpoint, here in Melbourne. What an absolutely gorgeous young man,he is only 25 years old. I am loving the cd, no fillers at all on it. It is just so nice that he is bringing back all of this wonderful timeless music to the younger generations as well as the older ones.

He should be extremely proud of his cd, well done Carl.

I think he has well and truly proven the critics wrong who claimed during Idol that his voice was weak. What I think about Carl is that although relatively inexperienced in the singing dept during Idol, but obviously an accomplished trumpeter, he took in and absorbed every piece of advice given to him and was prepared to keep on learning all the while.

Also doesn't hurt in the slightest to have the mighty maestro John Foreman producing your album. I think John is a musical genius.

Oh and James Morrison plays trumpet on "Waltzing Matilda".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   Tue May 06, 2008 7:50 am

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/video/?Channel=Herald+Sun+Entertainment&ClipId=1396_swt&bitrate=300&Format=flash

gorgeous video of Carl here, I love it. He looks really young doesn't he, he is only 25.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 am

Share Carl Riseley with mum this Mother's Day!‏
From: Carl Riseley (Carl Riseley@universalmusicau.myreg.net)
This message may be dangerous. Learn more
Sent: Tuesday, 6 May 2008 4:38:17 PM

If you are having trouble viewing this email, please click here.

Hi Yvonne,

A personal message from Carl Riseley himself!

Thanks to everyone that came down to the in-stores over the weekend. It was great fun and there are a few pics up on my Myspace from Castle Towers.

The Rise was released last Saturday, which is really exciting. So thanks to everyone that has already picked up their copy. And if you haven't got yours yet make sure you grab it soon.

Tickets are now on sale for my upcoming tour, so check out the website for all the details.

This week I'll be appearing at Mall Music in Sydney on Saturday 10th of May at 1.00pm. So hopefully I will see you there.

Well as you all know Mother's Day is coming up and it's that time of year where we have the sole opportunity to generously thank our Mothers!!! I know I will be, she means the absolute world to me and as far as I'm concerned there’s no one more important!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Love Carl

Mother's Day show this Sunday

Carl will be doing a special performance at the annual Mother's Day Picnic for the Royal Hospital for Women is sponsored by 2CH. The Mother's Day Royal Picnic is a free-entry, community-focused event for families to celebrate (and pamper) Mum on Mother's Day. This special event supports the Royal Hospital for Women.

Show Ring at Entertainment Quarter
Moore Park (previously known as Fox Studios)
Sydney, NSW
11am – 3pm

Meet Carl online this Friday

Carl will be visiting the online virtual world of Habbo Hotel this Friday, 9th May, so if you fancy meeting Carl in his virtual form, head over to Habbo from 4pm on Friday. There's even a competition to hang out with Carl at his virtual 'after-party', enter the competition for your chance to gain entry here. If you're not already a member of Habbo you can sign-up by clicking here.

Carl's website messages

Thanks to everyone who's left a message on Carl's new website, there's been some really great comments about what you think of The Rise and some fantastically encouraging posts for Carl – keep them coming!- just go to the 'Fan Voice' section on the home page to leave your note.

CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR COPY
CLICK HERE TO BUY A COPY FOR MUM
OFFICIAL WEBSITE CARL'S MYSPACE SEND TO A FRIEND SIGN UP YOUTUBE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to share this gorgeous message with you all.

Last edited by Yvonne35 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:19 am

Carl is releasing a new album sometime in February.

Some of the songs that I think are going to be on there include My Funny Valentine, Moon River and Tenderly.

I saw Carl in concert at the New Capers in Hawthorn earlier this year, his show was great.

He recently performed with Kate Ceberano at her concerts around the country.

He also was part of the Myer Christmas Parade that was in Bourke street Mall on the Salvation Army float, he had a song on there "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.

Some of you may have seen him performing that on the Today Show just before Chrissy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5   

Back to top Go down

Debut album release for Carl Riseley from Aus Idol series 5
Page 1 of 1