Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Admin

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Introduction   Sun May 07, 2006 3:25 pm

Il Divo pretty much says it all - Carlos Marin (from left to right), Sebastien Izambard, David Miller and Urs Buhler all have amazing voices individually, but put them together and the result is one sound which is trulyl divine.

Created by Idol genius Simon Cowell, they have come together from all around the world to form a supergroup that has enjoyed international success. Recently, they recorded the World Cup Soccer title song with Toni Braxton.

The bios below are courtesy of the official Il Divo forum - visit their site to find out a more about Il Divo at www.ildivo.com

Carlos Marin
Carlos has taken masterclasses with Alfredo Kraus, Monserrat Caballe and Jaime Aragall and has won critical acclaim as primo baritono in many operas, including Spanish versions of Les Miserables and Beauty and the Beast and full scale operas such as La Traviata, Figaro, The Barber of Seville, La Boheme and Madame Butterfly. He professes a love for performing.

Sebastien Izambard
The only self-taught singer in the group, Seb is also a songwriter who plays guitar and piano, has produced for French artistes in Paris and supported Johnny Haliday at his 2001 concert at the Paris Olympia. In 2002 he played Le Businessman in Richard Cocciante’s Le Petit Prince. He released his first solo album, ‘Libre’ in 2001 and was working on his second when he joined Il Divo.

David Miller
A graduate of the Oberlin Conservatory in Ohio, David has a BA in Vocal Performance and a Masters Degree in operatic theatre. He was based in New York for 10 years and has sung over 45 operatic and music theatre leading roles in the Americas, Australia and Europe, including including Tony in ‘West Side Story’ at La Scala in Milan, and Rodolfo in Baz Luhrmann's Broadway production of La Boheme.

Urs Buhler
Urs attended the Academy for School and Church Music, sang in a boy’s choir and at 17 joined a hard rock band, ‘Conspiracy’, but decided to study classical music after hearing Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana. He studied in Switzerland, had private tuition with Gosta Winberg and Christian Papis (French tenor) and studied at The Amsterdam Conservatory under Udo Reinemann. He has sung with the Salzburg and Amsterdam Operas and spent the last 7 years before Il Divo making a name for himself as a star of Holland's Oratorio circuit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net

Introduction
Page 1 of 1