Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Admin

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Introduction   Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:44 pm

Kathleen Procter-Moore is a classically trained singer originally from Perth, Scotland who first came to our notice courtesy of Gari Glaysher and their duet 'Anytime Anywhere'.

The brief bio below is courtesy of Kathleen's myspace which you can visit for more information and also to hear some of her music http://www.myspace.com/kathleenproctermoore

After Leaving Scotland and settling in Australia, Kathleen won one of two scholarships with the Western Australian Opera Company and went on to become a Major Principal with the Company performing many roles. Kathleen also performed and broadcast with the W.A. Symphony Orchestra in Concert and Oratorios.

A highlight of Kathleen's career was when she was chosen to sing the role of Zerlina in Don Giovanni with Joan Sutherland and James Morris (Metropolitan Opera) and Maestro Richard Bonynge.

After deciding to call it a day with large scale productions ( I think I needed to find myself again, to rediscover who I am as a person) I coached for a bit then started to dabble in a variety of types of music Including:- Barbershop (Sweet Adelines). I was a member of an award winning quartet called 'Touche' and assistance director and section leader of Circular Keys Chorus, SydneyTown Chorus both in Sydney) and Harmony In Paradise Chorus (Gold Coast, Queensland).

Whilst all these different times of my life brought me great happiness and personal satisfaction, it is the great lessons it taught me; the realisation of how precious life is and how important are the people we surround ourselves with on a daily basis.

It also taught me how important music is and how it can define our lives and our moods.

It can delineate the expressions of our very souls and project that image through its delivery; such is how great music is made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net

Introduction
Page 1 of 1