Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Idol Chatter

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:25 am

more news about Carl, he has just signed with Universal Music and his debut album is due out in April. I cannot wait for this.

This is an email I received this morning from Carl Riseley's management team- Ralph Carr is his manager.

CARL RISELEY / DAILY TELEGRAPH‏

carl riseley: idol finalist signs record contract.
dailey telegraph. feb 10 2008.

By Jonathon Moran

FORMER Australian Idol finalist Carl Riseley has quit the navy after signing a major record deal.
He has already recorded his debut album, Your Imagination, to be released in the next few months.

John Foreman produced the album, and Australian jazz musician James Morrison makes a guest appearance.
The soon-to-be-former Royal Australian Navy trumpeter came third in the last series of Idol – behind Natalie Gauci and Matt Corby –
but was much loved for his original flair and swinging style.
"It's all signed off ... I'm due to officially leave on the 17th of this month,'' Riseley told The Sunday Telegraph.
"It's all over, but I'm doing the Reserves to keep in contact and I'd still like to do the odd gig with the navy band.''

Riseley, 25, who twice served in Iraq, has been on leave without pay from the navy since he was selected to compete on Australian Idol last year.

A jazzed-up crooner often compared to Michael Buble, Riseley's unique musical path does not end with his old-school stylings.
After the series ended in November, Riseley joined with manager Ralph Carr, who looks after Vanessa Amorosi and Kate Ceberano.
He's been in negotiations with various record labels since then, signing with Universal Music last week.
The album features Riseley singing covers of his favourite swing tunes, including We've Only Just Begun and The Letter.
There's also a swing version of the national classic Waltzing Matilda, a song that won Riseley much praise on Idol.
"It's a swing album with big band and strings, so it's very classy,'' he explained.

Riseley isn't the only new signing for Universal Music.
Delta Goodrem's fiance, Brian McFadden, has also signed with the label.

This is going to be so good, I cannot wait for this album.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more Carl news for any Queenslanders reading this.

Re: Carl to appear at Gala Concert in Brisbane!!!
For all the lucky people in QLD Check out the press release o the 4barsrest.com website. Carl is going to be performing at their Gala Concert during the National Championships at Easter. Usually the tickets are around $25 so not too expensive. If you love brass its a great night with a major bonus thrown in Mr Carl Riseley himself.

This was going to be my first year at not attending the national comps now I am going to have to reconsider. There should be more details as they are released thru the http://www.qba.org.au/nationals2008 (The Brisbane Nationals Website)

Thought you would all like to know.

It's a Date

Qld Band Association The Australian National Band Championships Gala concert is set to dazzle Brisbane audiences with first class entertainment assured - and not a brass band in sight.

The details of the Gala concert, to be held in the Main Auditorium of Brisbane City Hall, Friday 21 March 2008, in conjunction with the Australian National Band Championships, have been released by concert producer, Pam Schryver.

Alaska Brass

The Gala concert will feature, the United States Air Force Band of the Pacific "Alaska Brass". Flying in all the way from Alaska the versatile 7 piece brass group will no doubt entertain as only the Americans can do!

Australian Army Band

The Brisbane Australian Army Band are another guest artist - well known in the city for their quality entertainment programs.

Carl Riseley

Following his huge success on last years Australian Idol, Carl Riseley will no doubt attract a huge crowd. Known for his smooth, swing style - both vocally and on trumpet, Carl is no stranger to brass bands having spent his early years playing in Brisbane Excelsior before moving to Sydney to join the Navy band.

Pam Shryver told 4BRDU, "The careful selection of entertainment was designed to keep everybody happy - namely brass and concert players and the general public."

Information for ticket sales will be issued shortly. It is anticipated there will only be a few available for door sales - we genuinely suggest you don’t leave bookings until the last minute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl signed last week with Universal Music.

The album is due out in April I believe and I just cannot wait for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:15 am

http://carlriseley.forumotion.com/latest-news-reports-f21/valentines-day-t314.htm

Carl is doing a gig in Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise tonight from 6.30pm for Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day to yourself and Rachel, Carl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:20 am

this is Rob and he was actually one of my favorites on the first season of Australian Idol- he came fifth in the inaugural season. I have actually met him a couple of times and he is really a great guy to talk to, and so damn funny, I love his laugh. Currently he is one of the hosts on the late night program on Channel 9 Australia- a game show called "The Mint".

Rob has scored the role of Fiyero in the upcoming Australian season of "Wicked".

To tell the truth being an Adam Garcia fan, I am sad that he couldn't do the role of Fiyero like he did overseas, but I think that Millsy (as he is commonly known to Idol fans like me) will do a great job and I hope I can go and see it.

He used to be in a pub band and my brother actually knew one of his band members- I got to see his former band- post Rob and they were very good- The Mega Men.

here is his site

http://www.robmills.net.au/index.php
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 am

some more about Carl, just a little way down the page, Feb 12 with a gorgeous pic of him.

http://www.ozmusicscene.com/

http://www.ozmusicscene.com/?p=863&akst_action=share-this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:46 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:51 am

Details of Carl's upcoming album release is on a separate thread on here- due out April 12.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   

Back to top Go down

Idol Chatter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2