Classical and Cross-over Music Discussion

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Idol Chatter

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Admin

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Idol Chatter   Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:33 am

Well, it's been a long time coming and thanks to those of you who have been patient with us. This is the place to post any and all things related to Idol - Australian, American or otherwise. yay And just to start off with, this is the Myspace link for someone who is mentioned here frequently http://www.myspace.com/danielbelle

The posts below have been hijacked from their original location and hopefully remain coherent and logical.

...music is an escape - let your imagination take flight...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net
Lynn
Admin

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:40 am

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Sun 11 Jun 2006 - 20:40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone
Well I was so dissapointed with the time they spend on Dan at the Rugby.
Danniel was so cute and a little nervous i thought
He sounded great !!!!!! but we hardly saw his face
what is the go with all these cameramen!?????? I am very upset it wasnt 20seconds more like 5 to me!!
xxxxxxx
rania

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Mon 12 Jun 2006 - 14:40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes they didn't seem to spend as much time on Dan as his dad thought they may have ( his family did ask, you know, or so his dad said).

Having said that though, I thought Dan did a great job and it was great seeing him again( even though it was all too brief) and of course hearing him. I was very proud of him.

Oh well at least it was better than what SBS gave us. Nothing.

Apparently some girls were at the game last night, so they heard Dan live and the people round them were commentating on how well he did. I guess he looked a little nervous, but to me he looked well and happy too.

I thought his voice had matured even more from when I last saw him and caught up with him- which was August last year. Hopefully he will get down to Melbourne sometime again in the not too distant future.

I believe the other audition he went for, didn't turn out, which as it turns out, would have caused him to have to defer his musical studies once again, so perhaps in hindsight that is a good thing.

Yvonne

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Mon 19 Jun 2006 - 14:23
Back to Daniel for a second, if you ladies would like to hear him singing, go to

www.chanelcole.cc

and you will find a link to the Capers 2005 MP3's

the songs marked D are the ones performed by Dan, the ones marked C and D are the duets by Chanel and Dan and the ones marked C are Chanel's.

Have a listen to him singing "My Way", at Capers( a theatre here in Melbourne) him performing that song, bought the house down and it made Chanel cry and she said she doesn't like that song.

Speaking of which, that theatre Capers, would be a perfect venue for Kane Alexander to perform in. It is very nice, quite intimate, but you can either choose to have a meal there, or you are free to just watch the show- if you wish to, you can order a meal, when you are there. Or you can just enjoy a dessert. It is ten mins from the city centre,accessible easily by p/transport- very close to Hawthorn station.

Oh and I dearly love Daniel's version of "Ill Be Seeing You (in all the familiar places). I am thinking he must have performed these songs before, whilst at school, in a musical production or school concerts.

I love Chanel too by the way, she is an extremely talented young lady and she is just a really nice person to talk to. She also remembered me by name, six months after the first time I met her. I think she knows most of her forum members by name.

Yvonne

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Mon 19 Jun 2006 - 14:46

If you want to know what I really think, I think Daniel has grown enormously in confidence and I could see that from his performances- esp the one at Capers here in Melbourne and I think that Chanel is very good for him.

I found on Courtney Murphy's site- a performance from GMA of Good Times ( Dan in the middle of song- about 1.30) lets out quite an operatic type of note.

Plus the video of Idol concert, with the three amigos- that being him, Courtney and Marty performing "Shake Your Tailfeather.

www.courtneymurphymp3.com

Yvonne

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Fri 9 Mar 2007 - 16:34
any of you Sydney girls thinking of going to the Strathfield Town Hall on either March 18 or 25 (actually the 18th is for the seniors)- Daniel Belle is performing there- he is doing Ave Maria and Nessun Dorma. I wish I lived in Sydney, I would certainly go and say hi to him again, but I can't- unfortunately.

I am sure he would remember me,(probably more by sight) well he did answer my msg to him on his myspace page. I was wishing him well for the upcoming shows and he was thanking me for my msg.

And his website should be up and running very soon, according to his dad. I pretty much found out most of the details off the net here about the performances and it is in the touring section.

I am so looking forward to finding out all about the shows from the Sydney forum members who are able to go on the 25th.

Yvonne

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Tue 13 Mar 2007 - 9:12
Hi everyone,
sorry Yvonne, it doesn't look like I'll be gong to Strathfield. Seminars abound this time of year and I need to get hours up.

Belle

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Wed 21 Mar 2007 - 9:47
Ok I found out how the performance went on Sunday afternoon, Dan performed Nella Fantasia and Ave Maria, but he had the flu and was just shaking it off, so Nessun Dorma was out of the question this weekend. The performance went well though.

However next weekend, this coming Sunday, he will be performing it as the finale, along with Nella and Ave Maria as he is now feeling so much better. Sounds like the orchestra was wonderful too, a 50 or 60 piece orchestra in the Strathfield Town Hall.

Sounds great, I only wish I was able to go up this Sunday for the performance in Sydney, but this course I am doing absolutely has me almost snowed under.

I did send a message to Dan last week wishing him well for the performance and he replied to me really quickly thanking me for my message, so it really seems that he does remember me. I would so love something great to happen for him, all of these national anthem performances and the like are great, and hopefully they will lead somewhere.......

Then I just replied to his dad's message on his forum, he is the one who put the message on Dan's forum about the performance and about this coming Sunday afternoon. Sounds like he did really well even though he was struck down with the flu, at least he is much better now.

I wonder when exactly is his official webby coming? I am also trying to find out if us people from his forum who cannot make it up to Sydney, will be able to hear his performances anywhere in the not too distant future- like on the new webby.

Yvonne

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Wed 21 Mar 2007 - 9:50
I did send another msg to Dan asking him, if perhaps we will be able to hear the performances anywhere in the near future, but as he has been both ill and busy, I have not heard anything back, other than the msg from his dad today on the forum. I really really hope that we can.

Yvonne

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Thu 22 Mar 2007 - 10:34
It must be hard to sing when you know you're slightly off, especially those tougher classical pieces.

Hopefully he'll get better soon

thanks Yvonne

Belle

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Yesterday at 17:10
Well apparently he is much better now and he will be able to perform Nessun Dorma. I would dearly have loved a little trip up to Sydney, but this weekend I have so much stuff to complete for my course that it would have been absolutely impossible. All I could do is send Dan a message to say I hope everything goes great for him on the weekend and hope he feels much better. His dad is so good at letting us all know what is happening and I wonder when Dan is going to add some extra songs that he said he was going to on his myspace site. Come on Dan, hurry up there.

Actually on my last msg I ended up also talking about Phantom of the Opera as I had been on the POTO site and how I hope that I can see it this time round- it is supposed to be on here from July till end of January or perhaps even February- hopefully it is the latter of the two. I know he is a huge fan of Anthony Warlow's. I am sure he mentioned somewhere that he has seen it too. I saw that Anthony is one of his friends on myspace, so is David Habbin.

I am very happy to encourage him in any small way, he has been very nice to me all the times I have met him- a real gentleman. I have found that he treats you like a friend from the first time you meet him,he's given me big hugs everytime I have met him, but of course I don't know him that well, so acquaintance is the correct term really except I don't really like that word acquaintance- to me it sounds rather cold, even though in all reality we are all acquaintances chatting here, but that is because we have yet to meet, but you all feel just like friends, as we all have so very much in common. His dad is really lovely also. Haven't met his mum or his brother, but I know some people have.

Yes so I am looking forward very much to the next installment about his Sunday performance.

Yvonne

Subject: *for when you have Something To Say*..... Yesterday at 18:40
That's so nice to hear Yvonne. Dan sounds like a lovely person and artist; it is really great to hear the way you talk about him and show such support and interest in his career. I do hope he feels better soon as it must be terrible to perform when you know you're not your best, but the show must go on etc.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://amoredivinesempre.dynamicforum.net
Yvonne35

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:54 am

Believe me there are a number of people on his forum that know him better than me, but they are not here on this forum. So I shall just speak for them.

Oh Chanel is performing somewhere in Canberra, it kind of sounds like she is residing there now, very soon, but sorry I didn't notice where, because I cannot get up to Canberra either. Chanel is a very nice person too, I have met her the same number of times that I have met Daniel. I am on her forum also/mailing list, but I don't go there all that often, neither do I with Hayley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:19 am

here we go, I found something else.

On the SSO site there is a pic of Daniel with the conductor and another soloist.

No idea how the show went as yet, I hope he was able to perform Nessun Dorma.

here is the site

http://www.strathfieldsymphony.org.au/

just click on the link soloists and you shall find him there.

On a seperate issue did anyone see Anthony Callea in today's Herald Sun, I really like Anthony's music as well- for those of you not familiar with Anthony he was runner up to Casey Donovan in the 2004 Idol. I am not discussing the article, suffice to say I am a huge fan of Anthony's and I love his voice and music.

The Idols I have enjoyed most over the years have been apart from Daniel- they have been Shannon Noll, Anthony Callea, Hayley Jensen and from last years Idol ,I really liked Damien Leith and I bought the cd "The Winners Journey" all of his songs performed on Idol. It is fantastic, now I am eagerly awaiting his debut cd, think it is due in April or May. I think Damien's voice is sublime.

www.damienleith.com.au
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:52 am

I just found a posting by one of Daniel's fans, she went to the concert on Sunday.

She said the concert was brilliant, the orchestra superb. Daniel got thunderous applause, he did all three songs, Nessun Dorma was the finale, and she said there was not a dry eye in the house. She was saying his voice is even more powerful and rich sounding than ever. Wow it was really powerful at the Capers Restaurant gig I went to with her a couple of years back.

I think she encapsulated her thoughts on the show very well and made us all feel like we were there. She also said he received bottles of champagne or something.

But she didn't say whether she got to catch up with him or not, she knows him a little bit just like I do and he gives her hugs too whenever he meets her. I will just have to ask her, if she did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:45 am

There is a special on Channel 10 on Friday evening, either 7.30pm or 8.30pm (cannot remember which), which follows Damien's win of last years Aussie Idol. I will be watching, I think Damien Leith is awesome.

Dan's dad posted about Sunday, the orchestra apparently downed their tools (instruments) and gave Dan thunderous applause for Nessun Dorma and there was hardly a dry eye in the house. WTG Dan, well done. He was rapt with how Dan's voice sounded on Sunday afternoon, how well he sang. A couple of his Idol 2 mates were there in Chanel Cole and Marty Worrall. He was really good mates with them in the Idol house and he and Chanel were an item, but are still very good friends. I just wish I could hear these songs he performed somewhere. I hope they will be a part of his upcoming website, I really do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:44 am

My friend from here in Melbourne, like I said she went up and she did get to catch up with him again, so that is brilliant.

I wonder if she got to meet Marty again. I met Marty after the Aussie Idol concert- he was one of the contestants, and the other one I met that night was the young girl Amali Ward. All Aussie Idol 2 contestants.

I will admit to being an Idol watcher. I do love it, not the judges though. Looking forward to the next one this year, they are already on the hunt for the new contestants, I believe.

Think my fave series have been series 2 and series 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:06 am

Daniel has just put up the performance he did of Nessun Dorma on his myspace page, so I have been having myself a few listens. It is lovely Daniel, well done. Yesterday is when it went up, I think and his dad has a message on his forum anyway to go and have a listen to it.

Does anyone on here at all watch "It Takes Two"? The second series is back on Channel 7 come May 8 on Tuesday evenings. Anthony Callea is one of the singers who will be mentoring and performing with a celebrity. I really enjoyed last years series, was an avid watcher each Sunday evening and cannot wait for this one. Some of the singers participating are of course Anthony, Kate Ceberano, David Hobson (he and Erika Heynatz-tv presenter won it last year- David is a wonderful Australian Opera singer by the way. I saw a sign up recently for a free concert down in Altona featuring him, but as I was in a car, I couldn't read the dates or time of this free concert, or whether it had been and gone or not, but I would have gone if I knew exactly when it was, as I think that David is great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:14 am

He has Ave Maria up there as well now. His dad said hopefully soon, he will put up Nella Fantasia and he has written also a blog about the Strathfield Symphony Orchestra performances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:17 am

http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&Band_Show_ID=16625497&friendid=102931862

this is a new performance that Daniel will be doing in Sydney on June 23 at 8pm. I wish I could go to Sydney and see him, but I wished him good luck for the performance in amongst telling him that I got Josh Groban tickets for the 28 Sept here in Melb, I think he knows that quite a number of his fans,(myself included are Josh fans) and anyway it is also a great topic to talk about, I could talk about Josh all day.

Yvonne

Yvonne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:41 am

Daniel was recently in "Tommy" at the Institute of Music in Sydney, I was just looking at some pics, it sounded awesome.

Anyway his dad has informed us that he auditioned for an upcoming musical- sorry no idea which one it is at this stage, his dad did not say, he says he will when the time comes closer. Anyway he said he is going to be one of the main characters.

Any ideas on what is upcoming on the musicals front- I am guessing this will be in the new year- but perhaps not.

Mr Belle, I am really dying to know now, you cannot leave us hanging like this and I bet the production won't come to Melbourne at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:33 am

I do not know if anyone else here agrees with me or not, but this year on Australian Idol, I am absolutely loving Carl Riseley.

Especially when he performed with his trumpet and sang "It's Alright With Me". I am loving it so much that there is a swing guy on Idol. Go Carl. I am so happy he is in the final 6, let us hope he gets a lot further in the comp.

Matt I don't mind, Ben, well he should no way have been eliminated from the comp last week.

There are Idols past and present on a 2 hour show tomorrow evening on ten and following that John Foreman is presenting Burt Bacharach and some Idols and other artists will be performing his work and Mr Bacharach is doing a performance, I hear at the very end. Should be good viewing on the box tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:23 am

Carl's performance of "Pure Imagination" on the "Doin It For The Kids" special on Friday evening, was absolutely sublime. I had tears in my eyes, I was moved so very much.

He is impressing me more and more every week on Idol, I said I would not end up liking anyone at the start of this series, but Carl had me hooked from the beginning and nothing has changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:23 am

He got a "touchdown" from Mark Holden last night for his performance of "It's Not Unusual", a very entertaining performance, loved it.

Go Carl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:50 am

here is a new article on Daniel

Home About Us Australian Academy Of Dramatic Art / AADA Our Courses News and Events Apply Now Contact Us Students Latest News
AIM Music Theatre student hits the stage...
Tuesday, 30 October 2007
Its not only AIM teaching staff who are 'out there' practicing their craft. AIM students are also developing careers in their chosen areas of the Music Industy and Performing Arts.

AIM Music Theatre student Daniel Belle performed in HONEY.

"Daniel Belle is a student at the Australian Institute of Music in the Music Theatre Department who is poised for a fabulous career in the Contemporary Music and Music Theatre world. He is a young performer with boundless talent, skill and charm and we are proud to support Daniel as he emerges into the Professional Industry".Jenny Murphy: Head of Music Theatre AIM.

... an intoxicating mix of mateship, humour and original music. Based on Bryce Courtenay’s Smoky Joe’s Café it erupts onto the stage in a heady brew that you’ll find irresistible!
The Riverside Theatre in Parramatta.
Click for show details below.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:53 am

If anyone liked Carl Riseley on Australian Idol as much as I did- he came third in this years comp, well this is one of his forums that I have joined, think there are more starting up really soon.

www.carlriseley.2ya.com

and of course www.australianidol.com

For the first time ever on Idol, I genuinely do love the final 3 contestants- now of course two, since Carl was eliminated on Monday evening. I did shed quite a few tears, but I thought his journey on Idol was fantastic. I looked forward to his performances each week.

Anyway to both Natalie and Matt- good luck to you both for the grand finale- either one of you would be a superb Idol. Love you both and love you Carl. Looking forward to much more music from all of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:36 am

here is another awesome forum for Carl Riseley that I have just joined up, he certainly has got some really devoted fans that love him to bits, just like I do.

http://carlriseley.forumotion.com/act?u=6&ak=967e80e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:57 am

here is Lionel Richie's performance with this years Idols, loved this to bits it is pure gold.

Being a Carl fan, I am really anxious to know what is going down there with Lionel and him, the fingers to lips, pointing and hugging. Is it a watch this space thing for Carl, for good things to come his way. I was disappointed he didn't make it to the final 2, but mighty happy he got to the final three. Congrats must go to Natalie (she was my second favorite this year, loved what she did and I did vote for her in the final) and well done to Matt also, that boy has so much talent, he will go places also.

I think Lionel is awesome and it must have been such a magnificent thrill for our Idols to perform with him and meet him.

Yeah so the forums- the Idol one and both of Carl's that are up and running are kind of buzzing with what happened on the stage on Sunday evening between those two.

meanwhile enjoy this performance, I certainly did.

Lionel is about to tour here and Marcia Hines- one of the judges is a support act on his tour.

Anyway here is the performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOZ8ogdJM0Q

I cannot stop watching it.

Great stuff from the Idols and particularly Mr Richie. Absolutely loved it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:12 am

We are also buzzing with the news that Mr Buble will hit town again next June.

We would love to see (the fans on Carl's forum and on the Idol forums)- Carl get the support act gig on Michael's tour or something, that would be awesome stuff. But we also think there is probably someone else lined up- no idea whom though.

I know what I would personally like in regards to Carl and his music, I would like him to work with Chong Lim and the band at some stage perhaps in the future, as I am loving the work he and the band have done on David Campbell's swing Cd's. I know that Chong has done work with Anthony and Guy, so why not Carl as well?

Oh Guy is on tv, I think it is next Tuesday evening on Channel 7 at 7.30pm it is about his new cd, which I think sounds awesome. I never really liked Guy whilst he was on Idol, I did as a person, but not his singing style, however of more recent times I have been more and more attracted to his style and am seriously considering buying this cd. Mr Sebastian is at Virgin Megastore at Myer here in Melbourne on Saturday afternoon,- 1.30pm till 2.30pm, I think I am correct, I hope so, so a purchase of his cd may just happen, I have never ever met Guy, but it is something I would not mind in the least doing.

I know I am an Idol tragic, but that is me. I said I was not going to watch it this year, if both Carl and Natalie did not make it into the final 12 mix.

Quite sad that I am not gonna see my faves each week now, I did cry when Carl left the other week, I am not ashamed to say so. His leaving was handled with such style and grace, I just think he is a really lovely and genuine person, with a great passion for music,who loved his fellow Idol competitors, he may not have had the strongest voice in the comp, but it certainly was one that touched my heart and his performances each week were just so entertaining, I loved hearing his voice. I do not always like people who have the best voices, it is all about what emotion and feeling they put into it and the songs that they choose. I found I knew almost every song that Carl performed and when he did that one on the "Doin It For The Kids" night on Channel 10, the song from Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory- "Pure Imagination", well I knew for sure that he was definitely my favorite Idol this year.

So well done Carl on coming third, you had an amazing journey. One that has definitely not ended, but just beginning.

Before I end this post I just wanted to say that my top five Idols of this year were Carl, Nat, Matt, Mark and Ben- Mark and Ben imo went home far too early.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:17 am

hehe I have been asking a million questions to Carl on his forum, like what was it like to meet Josh Groban- it was the final 8 and they met him at the Sydney Opera House, it was on one of the Monday night verdict shows, but I cannot see footage of it anywhere on youtube, maybe on his forum.

I have also asked him whether he is going to buy or has David Campbell's cd's and whether he thinks Chong Lim and his band are awesome, what he thinks of DC, I have got those two cds and believe me Chong and the band are just out of this world awesome on them. I am loving DC's cd's so much.

What else did I ask, oh yes, is he going to go and see Michael Buble performing? Esp as he is one of Carl's Idols.

Hoping he drops in soon to answer everyone's questions.

And to shed more light on this Lionel Richie thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:55 am

here is a podcast you ladies might enjoy- it involves Carl Riseley from this years Idol and Michael Buble, I am serious, this is Michael on there. It is very funny and I hope that he and Carl can meet up when Michael gets down here again in June.

http://podcast.nova969.com.au/MNR_Podcast_071113.mp3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:03 am

Carl Riseley from Australian Idol series 5 has recently signed with Ralph Carr who also manages the careers of Vanessa Amorosi and Kate Ceberano and there are rumours that a recording contract is not too far away.

I received a Sanity gift card for Xmas so I shall leave it aside so I can purchase Carl's cd if indeed this rumour turns out to be a fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:45 am

Carl's performance of "Time After Time" can be found on his fansite
at

http://carlriseley.forumotion.com/act?u=6&ak=967e80e

in his videos and profiles section.

Great performance Carl and a great way to begin 2008.

Hopefully a recording contract is not too far away for him now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:48 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yvonne35

PostSubject: Re: Idol Chatter   Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:43 am